Marhaba!! Welcome to Doha
Progressive in outlook, cosmopolitan in attitude. Alive with a wealth of sights, sounds and experiences. Qatar is a place whose independent spirit makes it a destination of endless variety.
A country whose people are known for seeing things differently, embracing new ideas and welcoming all as honoured guests and dear friends. A place that engages you – mind, body and soul.
- Qatar’s economy is one of the highest rated among GCC countries according to Capital Intelligence, Moody’s and Standard & Poor’s
- Qatar was named the ‘best regional model for its neighbours to emulate’ in 2005 by the World Economic Forum
- Qatar is home of the famed international news channel, Al Jazeera, viewed by over 40 million homes around the world
- Qatar became the first Arab country to host the Asian Games in 2006
- Qatar will host the 2011 AFC Asian Cup in the world’s first underground football stadium